Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

The kids

Ben and I have been married for 2 and a half years. We have not yet been blessed with children. We have tried, but we'll continue to be patient while we're still only in our twenties. Shortly after Ben and I got married, we did the cliche trick of getting rid of baby hunger; we got a dog! A Yorkie named Raffiki (Named after the silly but wise monkey in the Disney movie "The Lion King"). Raffiki became sad and lonely very quickly, so less than a month later, we brought home his sister and new best friend, Kamaria, a Yorkie/maltese mix (A Morkie).

We spoil our dogs and treat them as our own children. We even practice parenting tactics on them that we want to perfect before having human children. Just an hour ago, Raffiki decided that it was time for our 3rd walk of the day. He was so upset that I was reading my book instead of responding to his whining plea to take him on a walk, that he pulled my book down from my hands and stood on top of it, staring me straight in the eyes. My most strict parenting tactics weren't practiced here. We went on our walk, and I am sure that we will have at least 3 more walks today as usual.

What do you think, am I being too lenient with my dogs? Am I going to carry this habit over to my children?

Raffiki


What a daddy's boy!

Kamaria


Mommy! What is that thing on your face?

No comments:

Post a Comment