Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Representing you

My parents bought their house in Henderson, Nevada 16 years ago, in what seemed to be, the middle of nowhere. They lived off of this little dirt road called Eastern. They were truly living on the city limits. Since then, the popular 215 freeway was built, and Eastern is a very busy road that goes up to 5 lanes each way. They are no where near the outside of the city.

Behind my parents house, there are still plots of residential land that is just dirt. In their community, this area is known as "the rock pile." The rock pile is land that has never been altered. Nobody has ever lived there or made any changes to the land. This "rock pile" is a true representation of Nevada's landscape; rocks, dirt, weeds. So imagine my surprise when Tonia Loveland asked if we could do her photo shoot in "The rock pile."

Once we talked about what she wanted out of the photo shoot, I understood her vision and became excited. Once her daughters knocked on my door to begin the photo shoot, I got even more excited. They looked like princesses! These photos really do represent a part of who the Loveland girls are. Beautiful princesses living in the desert. I'm so glad I got this opportunity!






No comments:

Post a Comment