Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Taking pictures of every day life

    I got to drive to my Grandpa’s house last week with just my mom. It was pretty perfect! (Except for the being sick part.) On our way back from Grandpa’s house, we talked about something that stuck with me. Grandpa has owned his land forever. My mom grew up in that house. He’s had to sell a little bit of his land, and the barns he has on his remaining land are getting old. My mom mentioned that she wished she had pictures of the land before its all gone. She also said that they don’t have any pictures of my Grandpa at work or in the farm, or pictures of my Grandma as a nurse. None. Those memories will never be documented in a picture ever. We have lots of pictures of the out-of-normal routine; vacation, millstones, funny moments, but we don’t typically take pictures of what is our normal day to day activity like the houses we lived in, what our bedroom looked like as a child, each vehicle we owned, our school or work. 

   Thats why I was so excited when Whitney asked if we could take a few pictures during their recent photo session, in Brayden’s nursery. What a great idea! These will be pictures they can go back and look at and remember back on! 








No comments:

Post a Comment