Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Robertson Family Reunion overview

Earlier this month, I was able to participate in the first ever Robertson Family Reunion! Our clan consisted of my grandparents, Pat and Lee Robertson, and their children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. We had at least one family representative from each family. We stayed in a great hotel in Salt Lake City. On Friday, our first night there, we went out to eat at the old spaghetti factory. That night, many of the cousins congregated into one of the larger hotel rooms to play board games while watching the Olympics. 

The next day, after eating breakfast at the hotel, we all headed to a nearby Frisbee Golf Park, where my brother, Steven, taught all of us how to play Frisbee Golf. We split up into 3 teams; Advanced, Beginner, and supporters. I stuck with the supporters so that I got to take pictures and play with the baby :). We then headed to a near by LDS Church building where we had a delicious BBQ! After eating we played Volleyball in the Church gym. We were very grateful to have air conditioning after playing Frisbee Golf in the high heat! Afterwards, many grandchildren went to watch the new "Bourne" movie. I stayed back at the hotel with my Mom to babysit the great grandchildren (We had more fun than anybody!).

Saturday night came together at the last minute but was some of the best moments. I ordered chinese food from a recommended local chinese restaurant, while the family congregated in the lobby of the hotel. The lobby was perfect for our group! There was a large, pub height table, seating like 20 people, in the middle, with smaller tables and couches around the main table. We turned the olympics on the big screen, and played "Wits and Wagers" until our food arrived. After eating and letting the old ones head to bed, the grandchildren stayed in the lobby to play a beloved card game "Scum."

The next morning we all headed home. It was the saddest goodbye I've ever had to face with the Robertson family. The reunion was planned so well and everything turned out so perfectly. Still no plans on a family reunion next year, but I am all in if the plans are made!

Here are some photos of us playing Frisbee Golf:









1 comment:

  1. Best reunion ever! I realise that I have a crazy family *cough Uncle Robbie cough*, and sometimes it takes these get togethers to realize that, but I know that their my crazy family and I wouldn't have it any other way!

    ReplyDelete