Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Barbie's Make-over

I went to Vegas to visit my family recently, and I got to help my Mom get ready for Preschool starting in the Fall. She got the barbies out to get ready, and was just about to give up. They were a mess! Some of these barbie were 15 years old and some were only 2 years old, but they were all pretty nasty looking. I was up for the challenge though. I went online and found solutions to each of our problems. We washed each barbie and sewed their clothes on, but the Barbie Hair Spray I made was what saved the Barbies from going in the trash.

To Make Barbie Hair Spray, add 2 tablespoons of Fabric Softener (we used Downey) per 1 cup of Water, and combine in a Squirt Bottle.



Our Squirt Bottle could hold about a cup and a half of water, so we add 3 tablespoons of Softener.

A warning I would like to interject here before you run off and get started! Don't do this project over carpet, and don't spray too much on yourself. Fabric softener on Carpet attracts and holds on to anything dirty, and if you get a lot on yourself, you'll smell like downey for days! I have very sensitive skin and got hives from spraying way to much fabric softener on myself. I recommend using a towel and placing it anywhere but your lap for this project.



The Barbie Hair Spray works as both a detangle spray and a hair spray. Start by spraying barbies hair with the spray. Then use a barbie brush until it is combed out, then use a people comb to finish. Sit barbie up and let her dry.



After a good 3 hours or so of drying (I waited a full day) brush out barbies hair again to get that stiff look out. Then after her luscious hair is perfect, lightly spray her hair again with the Barbie hair and let Barbie dry. She will look great! And stay great! Kids messy powers have met their match!



Once Barbie is beautiful and dry, clean her plastic skin well. You can use an every day cleaner and a tooth brush for this, or just a clorox wipe if you wish. The fabric softener was sure to get on her plastic skin and this will attract dirt and gross stuff very easily!



Here are some of my Before and After pictures from other barbies that I groomed:








I didn't Do this on the barbies yet in these pictures, but once you're done, you can take a pair of hair scissors and cut off any loose frizzies.

No comments:

Post a Comment