Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

I got today's photo shoot idea from this picture I saw on pinterest:


I'm getting ready to apply as a photographer for the volunteer orginization "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep," abreviated as NILMDTS. At first it seemed like the process to volunteer my talents should be easy, but when I found that it was not an easy process, it did make sense to me.

Picture taken from www.NowILayMeDownToSleep.org

NILMDTS is an orginzation of volunteer Photographers who remain on call for their local hospitals. When a mother goes through the painful experience of having a still born baby, they are offered the professional services of one the NILMDTS professionals.

This is such an emotional and sacred experience. I completely understand why NILMDTS wants only the best photographers, whom they are confident will produce beautiful pictures that will last forever.

Part of the application process includes submitting 20 pictures showing your skill level in using light in different ways (Natural and artificial). Today's project helped me feel more confident in my upcoming application.

These are photos of the cute Aidan Mullen:








No comments:

Post a Comment