Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Introducing "Skinny Girl" modified recipies

This morning, Ben brought a magazine article to me that caught both of our attentions. The magazine is put out by Disney, and the article talked about an incentive program that neither of us knew about. Disney is offering a monetary incentive to any Disney employee and their spouse, who is enrolled in Disney's medical program, to stay fit, healthy, and in shape.

This surprised me when I read it, but it does make sense. Everybody who is on Disney's medical plan pays the same monthly payments no matter what their health is like. It's worth $300 per person, per year, to save money from medical expenses that occur more often when we're not healthy.

Each employee and enrolled spouse can earn up to $300! If your BMI is in the "healthy zone", you receive $150, and if your Blood Pressure in in the "healthy zone", you receive another $150! Disney takes these measurements in January. If you do not make the cut, then you have until August 13th to lower your score by 5%. Very do-able.

Ben is being serious about this challenge! He is already in the "Healthy Zone," but he wants to make sure he stays there! Plus he's getting ready for 2 upcoming marathons.

I am in the "overweight zone". I have to loose 11lbs by January to be in the "healthy zone." My goal is 35lbs.

So to help with this challenge, I am going to be taking Chef Ben's (my husband) recipes and modifying it into a "Skinny Girl" recipe. I'll be substituting things like Pasta with Spaghetti squash, and sandwich bread with lettuce wraps.

I've already modified Chef Ben's Eggplant Parmesan by taking out the breading and the cheese and substituting the pasta for spaghetti squash. This brings the recipe down to just vegetables and seasonings. Since he bakes the recipe already, this was an easy one, and SUPER yummy!

I'll be posting recipes on Chef Ben's blog along with the super "Skinny Girl" version starting next week! This means that come January, you'll already have a list of recipes for your new year goals!


1 comment: