Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Walgreens PhotoBook Review

I'm not sure how normal this is, but I have been overwhelmed with "Free Photo book" offers through facebook, e-mails, and online ads. I have decided to order some of these "Free" books and put them to the test. Now I say "free" but I do have to pay shipping fees which can go up to $15 and maybe even higher.

Today I am reviewing my Free 12x12 Photo Book from Walgreens. This book typically cost $50 plus shipping, but I got it for free and only had to pay the shipping cost of $14.

My scale is: Terrible, Poor, Fair, Good, Excellent



Walgreens 12x12 Photo Book:

Binding
Good - Sewn

Size:
12x12 - Very big

Overall Quality
Poor

Price
$50 + shipping - Good

Cover type
Hard glossy cover

Cover Quality
Good

Print Quality
Terrible

Page Quality
Poor

Customizability
Poor

Software User Friendly
Excellent

Customer Support
Excellent


The price is great at $50 and you can always find coupons to get 25% - 100% off which makes this really affordable. And the book is 12x12 which is very big and will make a statement on your coffee table. The statement turns bad when your guest opens the book however and reveals the poor quality of the book. The thin pages, terrible print quality, and overall poor quality of the book is prevalent.

The software to design the book was on the Walgreens Page and VERY easy to use. Your projects and photos are saved there for convenience and the customer support from Walgreens is also excellent.

Even though the book is sewn instead of glued, I would not recommend this book for children as it does not seem sturdy enough to last long.

There are very few situations where I could recommend this book, and no situation where I would recommend this book over all other books. This book would work for Family Vacations or a book that will only be used once like a guest book at a casual event (NOT a wedding). I would recommend a Heritage Makers book or My Publisher book over this book, however the Walgreens software is the most user friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment