Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Olivia + Matt Engagements

I wasn't entirely sure what to expect going into Olivia + Matt's engagement session. I already knew that the couple would be fun to shoot, but they suggested a location that I knew nothing about. The location was very close to me at a barn owned by Olivia's friend, Becca. That's how it was explained to me at least. It wasn't until I showed up to the property that this was a full on farm complete with horses, donkeys, pigs, a goat, multiple pastures, orange groves, and piles of hay, and of course, one, gorgeous, very large, barn.


Suddenly I wished we had planned a 5 hour session.

We stuck to the barn and a nearby pasture and came out with some beautiful images!


This was my first time using my 35mm lens, and I'm SO glad I was able to bring it! I couldn't wait to get home and start working on some of their images.


But then, while culling, I noticed on one of my favorite images, an effect I had never seen before. Up around their faces, it looked like I added pixie dust or something? How did this happen? Was there something wrong with my new lens?


I took my question to some active photography forums where I quickly realized right along with them, that this was dust with the sun flair coming through. I guess I'm not used to dust all around the air here in Florida. Suddenly the photo went from something wrong to a natural and magical moment.

I learned so many new things this session! I also got a new assistant! Her name is Fiona:


She enjoyed making appearances and always wanted our attention!


Well I can't wait any longer, here are some of the beautiful moments I captured during Olivia + Matt's engagement session:














See their video here:


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! love the two of you walking hand in hand in the pasture. But all of them are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are just so creative, beautiful, fun and they capture the love you two share! Thanks for sharing.
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete