Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Bailey's Birth

This past Monday, I got a text from a friend asking me to shoot the birth of her baby girl! I was so excited, and so nervous! I've never been to a birth, I had no idea what was going on. Nikki's words comforted me when she told me that she liked my lifestyle/editorial look that I bring out in all of my sessions. I was sold!


Nikki went into the hospital on Friday, already at 4 centimeters, to be induced at 6am and have her baby girl. She was tested positive for strep, and had to push back the delivery by 4 hours. at 10:30, the midwife came in to hopefully induce. When measured, Nikki was already at 7 centimeters and going though contractions that Nikki couldn't even feel! Her labor had begun without her being induced, or even knowing!
Watching viral videos of Men experiencing labor pains

Mats, Bailey's dad, wanted to play Rocky when baby was being delivered


Nikki waited until after noon to have the epidural, and shortly after, the Midwife broke her water. Nikki showed very little signs of discomfort throughout the entire process, and at 2:47pm, after only 3 quick pushes, perfectly healthy Bailey Grace Affleck was born!



Bailey Grace Affleck, measuring 21 inches long.




No comments:

Post a Comment